As you may already know, March is Women’s History Month. We decided to celebrate it by highlighting non-fiction books by women of color that are crea
As you may already know, March is Women’s History Month. We decided to celebrate it by highlighting non-fiction books by women of color that are creating history for themself right now. These books can also help you improve your life and business. Therefore, you’re being equipped to create history and legacy for yourself too!
Ready to start reading? Here are the 10 books by women of color we picked that you need to read right now:
This blog post may contain affiliate links which means we get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no extra cost to you.
1. Get Good with Money: Ten Simple Steps to Becoming Financially Whole by Tiffany The Budgetnista Aliche
If one of your goals is to get good with money, this book is for you. Even if you don’t believe us, you can check out their 3000 Amazon reviews which are overwhelmingly positive.
Tiffany, who used to be a successful teacher, has helped more than one million women worldwide save and pay off millions in debt.
Here are some of the things you can expect from this book:
- An assessment tool that helps you understand whether you have a “don’t make enough” problem or a “spend too much” issue.
- Best practices for saving for a rainy day, a big-ticket item, and money that can be invested for your future.
- A simple technique to help you budget as well as create a plan that allows you to say yes to your dreams.
2. We Should All Be Millionaires: A Woman’s Guide to Earning More, Building Wealth and Gaining Economic Power by Rachel Rodgers
Rachel Rodgers is a self-made millionaire, a mother of 4, an attorney, and of course, an author. She challenges women to aim higher but also gives them the tools and help needed to do so. She wants you to stop simply surviving and start to thrive in your financial independence.
This book also features a $10K in 10 Days Challenge, which hundreds of women have done and received great results.
Rated at 4.9/5 with over 1400 reviews on Amazon, this book is worth a read.
Looking for more books by women of color? Add Upward to your cart.
Upward features 23 women in leadership positions, including She Boss Talk’s very own Shanté R Roddy. These women share the struggles they faced and overcame, as well as advice for the next generation of She Bosses.
Is this book for you? This book is perfect for you if you ever
- Wondered how to overcome challenges in the workplace that hold you back from your leadership goals
- Wished you could ask current women in leadership how they did it
4. The Black Girl’s Guide to Financial Freedom: Build Wealth, Retire Early, and Live the Life of Your Dreams by Paris Woods
Paris Woods takes the guesswork out of wealth-building and shares actionable tips that we can all follow. She was working a job, wanted to build wealth, but didn’t want to quit her job. Therefore, she figured out how to do it and wants to help you do the same.
In this book, you’ll learn valuable information such as:
- How to achieve financial independence
- How to retire early
- Building generation wealth
- Avoiding financial traps
5. Love Letters to My Girls: 100+ Black Women Speak to the Hearts of Black Women & Girls by Multiple Authors
If you’re looking for encouragement, motivation, and wisdom from over 100 sisters, this is the book for you. In addition to Shanté R Roddy, over 100 other women shared their experiences, triumphs, failures, and their fears.
Compiled by Cherita Weatherspoon, these stories will make you feel valued and excited to continue your journey. Whatever you’re going through, you’ll realize you aren’t alone and that you have a sisterhood cheering you on.
Therefore, this book is perfect for you and all the other women in your life.
6. In Her Purpose: 40 Principles of Asian Women Redefining Success on Their Own Terms by Jennifer Redondo-Marquez & Rose Buado
Learning from women who came before you is definitely a life hack.
Therefore we’re grateful Jennifer and Rose created this compilation of women’s stories to read and learn from.
In this book, there are 40 stories from women who have taken various paths in life and recorded the journey to get where they are now.
These stories promise to give you hope, courage, and drive.
7. Pitching for Profit: The Bad Bitches’ Playbook to Convert Conversations into Currency by Precious L Williams
Precious L Williams is known as the Pitch Master for a reason. She is a 13-time national elevator pitch champion and has been featured on our platforms, Shark Tank, CNN, WSJ, Forbes Magazine, Black Enterprise Magazine, and more.
That’s why she is the perfect person to write Pitching for Profit: The Bad Bitches’ Playbook to Convert Conversations into Currency. This book is the blueprint for entrepreneurs who:
- Need clients now
- Investment dollars for your business
- Media exposure
- Need a network to increase their network
In addition to that, you can also check out our blog post, where we chatted with Precious about how to pitch your small business for money.
Are you a female Christian entrepreneur or business owner? Then Prayers for the Boss Babe is perfect for you. This book features advice from Christian women, like Shanté R Roddy who build, create, and overcome obstacles.
These faith-filled women will help you navigate your business and life through prayer. In addition to that, this book will help you deepen your intimacy and strengthen your prayer life.
9. Praying Wife Healed Husband: How We Survived A Death Defying Covid-19 Experience by Marcy Myles-Clark and Theirrien A. Clark
Read the riveting account of Marcy Myles-Clark’s spiritual fight on behalf of her husband, Theirrien “Tee” Clark. Tee Clark was diagnosed with COVID-19 in 2020 and was in serious trouble. This story is about prayer, faith, love, and defying death.
In addition to that, there is a self-help section aimed at getting your health, wealth, and well-being in order.
10. Power of Perseverance Powerful Journeys to Embrace Your Purpose, Elevate Your Mindset and Enhance Your Perseverance by Multiple Authors
Sometimes, in life, persevering is more challenging than usual. If you’ve experienced that, you’re not alone. Read from awesome women, including Shanté R Roddy, about their journey to overcome life-changing circumstances. You won’t only hear about their tests and trials but about their path out of them.
Therefore, this is an excellent book to motivate you if you’re in a tough spot. You’ll see that you can go on, you can overcome, and you can persevere.
We’re confident that these books by women of color will make it on your reading list this year.
We also know it’s sometimes hard to find time to read. Therefore, we suggest starting with one book at a time. In addition to that, scheduling time in your day to read or listen to the book can help you achieve your reading goals.
You can also try blocking out 15 minutes or an hour every day and setting a reminder.
Another great tip is to involve your community and network. Consider starting a book club with the books on this list with a couple of people in your circle. That way you can all hold each other accountable.
As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
This Website and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission. All products have been researched, but do your due diligence.