We’re sure you can think of a few things you’d like to do in your business. Some small business owners realize that they want to hire more people, in
We’re sure you can think of a few things you’d like to do in your business. Some small business owners realize that they want to hire more people, invest in their education or and scale their business. However, whatever you want to do, will cost money. One great way to get money into your business is by applying for grants. The good news is, we found five grants for small businesses that are looking for applications right now. These grants will give you the chance to get some capital in your business. Let’s get started!
1. The Big Small Business Boost
If you need to pick up things from Staples for your small business then this grant is perfect for you.
You can be one of 20 winners to get a $5,000 gift certificate courtesy of wiseHer and Staples.
Curious about your eligibility? The eligibility requirements are:
- A live business presence, that includes:
– a website URL
– Google My Business listing
– Facebook Business page
– Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn company page
- Having less than 10 employees
- A compelling origin story for your business
- A compelling story about how winning the grant will impact your business positively
In addition to those requirements, you’ll need to be listed in the Staples Community Business Directory. You can apply here if you haven’t done so already.
If you’re interested in applying, applications opened November 18, 2021, and close December 18, 2021.
Don’t forget, you can visit their website for more information and the application.
2. Walmart Local Community Grants
Walmart is offering local community grants for small businesses ranging between $250 and $5,000.
Each organization can submit a total of 25 grant applications and may receive up to 25 grants.
The organization applying has to be:
- Current tax-exempt status as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3), or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Listed on the IRS Master File and conducting activities within the United States (with the exception of nationally sponsored organizations)
- A recognized government entity: state, county or city agency that want funds only for public purposes and CyberGrants FrontDoor verified
- Non-charities, including organizations recognized as 501(c)(4)s, for example homeowner’s associations.
- An educational institution, church or other faith-based organization that wants to do a project that will benefit the community for example, seeking funding for a soup kitchen
In addition to those requirements, the organization also should be serving the community it’s requesting the funding from.
This grant has been open since February 1st and will close on December 31, 2021.
Find out more information and apply via their website.
3. 500 Global Flagship Accelerator Program
If you want a $150,000 investment and a full program focused on growth and scaling their startup then this is perfect for you.
If you’re accepted into this program, 500 will provide:
- Hands on support
As you can see, this is more than a grant for small businesses, it’s an experience.
The 500 Global Flagship Accelerator program accepts applications on a rolling basis. 500 is looking for a wide range of tech companies throughout the world.
Find out more about the program and how it can benefit you from their website.
4. New York StartUP! Business Plan Competition
Are you a Manhattan, Bronx, or Staten Island resident with a start-up? Then this competition is right up your alley.
You could win up to $15,000 in grant money for your small business! Here are some of the other eligibility requirements, you’ll have to be:
- Over 18
- Own a start up
- Bringing in less than $10,000 revenue if you’re already in operations
- The owner of a for profit business
In addition to that, applicants will have to:
- Meet with a business advisor for the duration of the competition at least once
- Attend all 4 online workshops that will be held between January 2022 and May 2022
- Meet with a business librarian. You’re provided with a list on their website.
Be sure to check out the full list of requirements and more information on their website.
Entry forms must be submitted by 1:59 PM on January 31, 2022. Your business plan has to be uploaded by 11:59 PM on May 31, 2022.
5. Amazon’s Black Business Accelerator Grant
Are you a Black Entrepreneur selling on Amazon? Then the Amazon’s Black Accelerator Grant is an ideal grant for your small business.
Some of the benefits of this program are:
- Up to $400 in advertising credits
- Cash grant opportunities for select sellers
- Free strategic advisory services for up to one year.
- Complimentary imaging services for up to 50 products
If you’re wondering if you qualify, these are the requirements:
- Must be a US seller on Amazon and have an Amazon Professional Sellers account
- Have a physical product(s) that are ready to promote and sell
- Upload a valid minority-owned business registration or certification to your account in Seller Central.
*The certification should be from the National Minority Supplier Development Council, U.S. System for Award Management, U.S. Small Business Administration, or SupplierGATEWAY.
You can check out our blog post on certifications.
We hope you’ll apply to these grants for small businesses. Increase your chances of getting the grants you want by strengthening your grant applications. Remember, you won’t be the only person applying for these grants. You want to stand out and grab the attention of the grant committees.
If you’re ready to get some free money in your business and scale it, grab our Win Grants With Ease Masterclass Bundle. In this bundle, you’ll get convenient access to tips that have helped us and many others secure grants for their business.
It’s time to get some capital in your business and transform it into your dream business. Let us help you achieve that.
As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
This Website and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission. All products have been researched, but do your due diligence.
I am so glad that I looked at the blog. It was so very informative and so helpful for future reference. This is a process and I am happy to be able to read all the information and share it with others.
Great information! Your blog is very helpful!
The information provided is always invaluable and helpful for myself as well as being able to pass it on to my clients.