If you’re a woman with a small business, chances are you’re looking for some capital. Grants are a great way to get money into your business that you
If you’re a woman with a small business, chances are you’re looking for some capital. Grants are a great way to get money into your business that you don’t have to pay back. That’s why we’re always looking for grants and sharing them. As a matter of fact, we found 5 small business grants for women that are accepting applications this month.
1. She Boss Up
She Boss Talk offers the She Boss Up grants. The grant is geared towards women with small businesses and was created out of the need to provide capital to women to offset the setbacks from COVID-19.
We started a Go Fund Me where people donated small amounts that really added up. We also added our money and were able to award 12 microgrants to women in business last year.
This year, we’re going bigger and better. We’ll be awarding 10 grants to women in business this year to help them recover from the pandemic.
The grant amount will vary between $100 and $2500.
In order to qualify for a grant, your business must:
- Be 90% women-owned and operated
- Be registered, located, and operated in the United States
- Have 25 employees or less (includes solopreneurs)
- Have been in existence and operation by November 1, 2020.
- Be properly registered in the state of operation and have an EIN (business tax ID number)
- Have a business bank account in the business name
In addition to that applicants must:
- Provide business verification documents and a W-9 form
- Have experienced challenges from COVID-19
- Plan to use the grant funds to support the business and the community
The application period is November 15, 2021, to November 19, 2021. However, you can go on the waitlist and we’ll send you an email as soon as applications open.
2. Tory Burch Fellow Program
The Tory Burch Fellow Program will be giving 50 women entrepreneurs a $5000 education grant. In addition to that, the awardees will receive:
- Virtual education resources and workshops
- Access to a community of founders
- Access to an online networking platform
The grant application has been open since September 28th and will close on November 12, 2021, at 11:59 PM (EST).
3. Project Entrepreneur
Project Entrepreneur is a program by UBS that is trying to level the playing field for women of color. They’re doing this by providing resources so women of color can build and scale their companies.
The Democratizing the Friends & Family Round program, in partnership with Hello Alice, will give 30 women of color:
- $25,000 grant
- Access to virtual coaching
- Access to skill-building opportunities
In order to get this grant, your business must
- Be for profit
- Have at least one founder who identifies as a woman and is a person of color
- Have a demonstrable need for money to achieve a business milestone
- Be a venture-scalable or venture-viable company
You can access the full criteria list here.
The application opened October 6, 2021, and closes November 10, 2021, at 6 p.m. ET.
4. Live Your Dreams
Live Your Dreams give monetary support to women who are the breadwinners of their families. There are three levels of prizes.
- First Level- 1300 women will get up to $1000.
- Region Level- More than 100 first-level recipients will receive an additional $3,000 or $5,000.
- International Level- 3 region-level recipients will be selected to receive an additional $10,000.
To qualify for this grant you have to be a woman who is:
- The breadwinner of the family. This means you should be the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include parents.
- Having financial need
- Enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
You can check out the other criteria here.
In addition to that, you’ll need two references and a 750 word or less personal statement.
Applications are accepted between Aug 1 and November 15, 2021.
5. Eaze Momentum
Eaze Momentum is a grant program for business owners in the cannabis business. They’re looking for businesses that are operating and want to grow.
According to their website, if selected, you’ll be awarded:
- A $50,000 grant (two disbursements of $25,000 each)
- Access to Eaze business resources
- Twelve weeks of curriculum
- Support and training from cannabis industry experts.
- The opportunity to pitch business concepts to key people
In addition to the application, you’ll be required to submit:
- Contact for references
- Personal statement
- Verification documents
- The vision you have for your business in supporting equity, diversity, and social/environmental sustainability in the cannabis industry
Applications opened October 26, 2021, and close December 21, 2021.
We hope you’ll cop some of these small business grants for women. If you want to stand out from your competition to win these grants, we suggest our Winning Grants With Ease Checklist. In this ebook, we give you all our tips and tricks to win grants for your business. We’re responsible for over 60 million dollars of funding for over 2000 business owners. Want to join the club? Download our ebook and get ready to reap your rewards.
As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
This Website and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission. All products have been researched, but do your due diligence.