If you’re a woman who is the majority owner of a small business, you should apply to She Boss Up Grants. She Boss Talk is now accepting applicati
If you’re a woman who is the majority owner of a small business, you should apply to She Boss Up Grants.
She Boss Talk is now accepting applications for the She Boss Up Grants. The applications opened on November 15, 2021. Applications will close on November 19, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST, or whenever we get to 500 submissions.
She Boss Up Grants launched in 2020 to provide assistance to women-owned businesses suffering from the impact of COVID-19. Last year, we awarded 12 women entrepreneurs with microgrants for their businesses.
This year, thanks to donations and our own funds, we will be providing 10 more women with microgrants between $100 to $2,500.
Here is what you need to know about the She Boss Up Grants application.
How Do I Apply?
To apply for the She Boss Up Grants, go to our application form and fill it out carefully. In order to complete the application you will need:
- State Business Registration verification which reflects the business name and date your business was officially registered
- EIN Verification Letter from IRS
- A business website
- W9 form, the link is provided in the application form
In addition to that, you’ll need to answer the following questions:
- Explain how you have Bossed Up during COVID-19 by sustaining, pivoting, reinventing, or innovating during this time.
- How would this grant empower you to impact your community?
- How would you make the best use of the grant funds?
What are the Criteria for the She Boss Up Grants?
In order to qualify for She Boss Up Grants, the business must:
- Be 90% women-owned and operated
- Registered, located, and operated in the United States
- Have 25 employees or less (includes solopreneurs)
- Be in existence and operation by November 1, 2020.
- Be Properly registered in state of operation and have an EIN (business tax ID number)
- Have a business bank account in the business name
You will also need to submit the documents listed in the previous subjects and answer other questions.
How Will the Winners Be Chosen?
The winners will be chosen at the discretion of the grant committee pictured below. The women will review the applications and agree on the ten awardees.
I Applied, What Now?
There are a number of things you can do while you wait on us to announce the winner. You can:
- Regularly check your email- We will be using email as our primary mode of communication with our applicants. The winners will be announced between December 20, 2021, and December 24, 2021. Please add our email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your contact list. Check both your primary inbox, promotions, and spam for our emails. If you’re selected as a winner and we can’t contact you, you’ll forfeit your grant.
- Donate to the grant fund- The reason we’re able to award small women-owned business grants every year is because of people like you. We rely on donations and we accept any and all donations. You can donate any amount on our official Go Fund Me page. Your donation will help another woman keep her business afloat and help her realize her dreams.
- Apply to other grants- It’s a great idea to apply to multiple grants at the same time. That way you have a higher chance of getting at least one of them. You could also win all of them and get even more capital for your business. In order to find grants, you can do routine Google searches. We also compile grant lists for our audience. We post them on our social media platforms and this blog. You can check out 4 Grants For Small Businesses You Need to Apply to ASAP and 6 Small Business Grants You Probably Didn’t Know About.
- Strengthen your grant applications- Before you apply for grants, you should check out our grant application resources. There are hundreds and even thousands of people applying to the same grants you’re applying to. You need to make your application stand out. Business owners have won grants and improved their business using our Winning Grants With Ease Grant Checklist and Cheatsheet and Win Grants With Ease Masterclass Bundle.
I Missed the Deadline, What do I do?
We’re so sorry you missed your chance to apply to our grant program this year. We are committing to offering this grant every year so subscribe to our email list so you can know when we open again.
You can also donate to our fund and apply to other grants in the meantime.
If you’re a She Boss whose business has been impacted by COVID-19, apply for our She Boss Up Grants for a chance to get capital. Remember, the application period closes November 19, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST or whenever we get 500 submissions, whichever one comes first. Don’t wait until the last minute to apply. We recommend applying as soon as possible. While you wait on our response, you can donate to our fund, apply to other grants, access our grant resources, and keep an eye on your emails.
As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
This Website and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission. All products have been researched, but do your due diligence.