One of the Black History Month initiatives undertaken by She Boss Talk is the I am Black Business Pitch Competition. The aim of this competition is t
One of the Black History Month initiatives undertaken by She Boss Talk is the I am Black Business Pitch Competition. The aim of this competition is to give Black-owned businesses the opportunity to pitch their business and win cash for their business. The competition runs from Monday, February 14 – Monday, February 28, 2022, 11:59 pm EST. The winners will be announced on Monday, March 14, 2022. Here is what you need to know before you apply.
In order to be eligible, you must:
- identify as Black or be Black-owned and operated
- be located in the United States. Your business has to be located in the US as well.
- have a business bank account in the business name. If your business has not started yet(pre-revenue) a regular checking account works (cash app, PayPal cards, or the like will not be accepted)
- provide business verification documents and W-9 form
- use the grant funds to support their business startup, business growth, and the community
In addition to that, if you’re in the concept phase of your business, that’s fine. We’re accepting businesses in the concept phase, revenue phase or growth phase.
The cash prizes are as follows:
- 1st place- $1000
- 2nd place- $750
- 3rd place- $500
- 4th place- $250
The application will be done online from this link. Your application should include:
- A completed application form
- Pitch video between 1-3 minutes (can’t be a pre-made promo video)
If your business is in the concept phase, then you’ll have to include:
- a pitch deck with 5-10 slides outlining your business concept
- the business name
- business idea/concept
- a two year plan for the business
- how your business will generate revenue and how much over the next two years
- the target market your business will serve
- amount of funding needed to bring your idea to market
- statements clearly showing how your business will make a positive impact on the community
If you have a Black-owned business that meets the requirement, we encourage you to apply to our Black Business pitch competition. If you need help pitching your business, you can check out our blog post “How to Pitch For Free Money For Your Small Business”. Good luck to all applicants.
As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.
This Website and description may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission. All products have been researched, but do your due diligence.